Sunday, March 10, 2013

How well do you know your tech?

While it's no secret that these days, most of us are connected (some, almost constantly) with the help of technology, there's still a great difference in skill level from person-to-person. More specifically, different people are able to take care of or "hack" their technology to different degrees; while some people can edit right down to the programming running their gadgets, some people barely know that there's any way to take care of the "maintenance" involved in technology at all!

Personally, I feel that I'm at an intermediate level when it comes to this. I know the best ways to keep my laptop and phone running at its best, love looking into apps and "hacks" to make them do cool things, and in general I can help people solve most of the tech problems that they may be having. While I don't know a good deal of programming, I know enough that I can make the most basic of edits in a few things; I tend to avoid this unless I know exactly what I'm doing, or following a guide.

I'm not afraid to tinker with my gadgets, but I'm still quite cautious with any changes I make in order to avoid doing something that I may not be able to fix. When talking to my friends, I tend to avoid suggesting or attempting anything that I wouldn't think they could fix themselves.

On this note, how well do you know how to use your different pieces of technology? Are you great at taking care of and tweaking your computer, or are you great at customizing your Android or jail-broken iPhone? Do you avoid doing anything "fancy" so as not to break anything? Let me know in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment